A 2004 analysis of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) data revealed that 100 percent of blood and urine tests from subjects they monitored showed pesticide residues. Two insecticides—chlorpyrifos and methyl parathion—were found at levels up to 4.6 times greater than what the US government deems acceptable.
In a joint study conducted by scientists from the CDC, the University of Washington and Emory University, researchers found that pesticide levels in test subjects dropped to undetectable levels upon switching to an organic diet. When the subjects switched back to a non-organic diet, pesticide residues almost immediately became detectable.
According to Cornell entomologist David Pimentel, “It has been estimated that only 0.1 percent of applied pesticides reach the target pests, leaving the bulk of the pesticides (99.9 percent) to impact the environment.”
Conventional strawberries contain up to 13 different pesticides, including bromide.
Ninety-eight percent of apples, which are eaten often by children, carry pesticide residue. Celery, which is highly contaminated, tested positive for 57 pesticides. Your best bet? Start eating organic, beginning with produce.
Pesticides are only one class of environmental toxin exposure. Our bodies deal with many combinations of toxins from food, air and water, which burden a detoxification system that is often overwhelmed with our own metabolic waste from poor nutritional food choices, lack of exercise, stresses of all types, and potential genetic weaknesses in the ability to optimally handle the toxic burden. Support the body’s normal detoxification capacity daily with antioxidants, green powder formulations high in chlorophyll and targeted amino acids and importantly, where possible, go organic